100 Film Adventure with Sharpened Drink "Parings"

There are lots of lists of the best horror films of all time. I decided to challenge myself and pick a a list of 100 and watch/respond to the films I hadn’t seen yet. I settled on TimeOut’s “The 100 Best Horror Films: The Scariest Movies Ranked by Experts.” I appreciated that it was from polling data (I know, we’ve all been a little sour on polling data for the last 3 years, but bear with me) from people who’ve worked in the horror industry. The list includes movies as old as the silent film era and as new as Summer 2019 releases. The list seems to avoid including movies simply because they’re iconic (for instance, no Friday the 13th here) or well liked (sorry, Saw). It even had some exclusions that pissed me off, most notably Jordan Peele’s Us. Over all, the list seems solid, based on expert (or least people with professional experience) voting and not an editor’s random whims. At first scan, I was like, great, I’ve seen most of these. Lies. I was lying to myself. After I counted, I realized I hadn’t seen 57. Fifty-fucking seven. But I shall not shy away from this challenge! Will I finish them all in a timely matter? Probably (absolutely) not. But I am excited to one day cross this finish line. I will work my way down the list and give mini-reviews of the movies I am now seeing for the first time while giving mini-mini reviews to the films I have seen. Each film will get a drink "paring" (Get it? No, I'm really asking because I get really anxious about people think I misspelled the word), because let’s be real, we want to make a classy-ass meal out of this. I am going to do my best not to repeat drinks, but let's be real, I don't know 100 types of alcohol off the top of my head.


Comments

Popular Posts